Monday, December 13, 2010

snow and midnight vistor

i am so re-living the winter of 2010 in DC all over again. 5 degree weather. snow and ice all around. the thought of even going outside to check the mail makes me want to cry. hello mid-west winter. my puffy jacket and my snow boots are ready for you, but my heart is not.

the other bummer thing is that i haven't decorated for christmas and my parents are coming next week. christmas tree is a must this week!

so i got back from budapest on saturday night after an insane 20 hour travel day complete with a flight from budapest to paris with a pilot i was convinced was his first day, 20 seconds away from missing my flight to paris, 10 hour flight to minneapolis...no wait...scratch that...detroit, 500 person line to talk to delta to get a ticket home, getting out of line because i felt like a cow in line to be slaughtered and i decided there had to be a better world out there, finding a delta person that got me a ticket, throwing up 5 times that day, lost luggage and thankfully making it home. safe and sound. amen!!!

so my luggage was lost and just flittering somewhere in between europe and america. but, i had faith it would return home. it actually returned home in the form of a man banging on our door at midnight last night. R (my husband) almost shot the man. thankfully no one lost their life in the midnight debacle. and my luggage found its way home.


pictures of my trip to come.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you had a great trip, but I'm sorry about the cruddy travel. I really hate that you got sick five times. Poor girl. At least you're home now and will soon be enjoying a cozy Christmas tree with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - your midnight debacle story made me laugh, glad that you have you luggage back! I hear ya on the cold weather! Tonight was the first time I stepped outside to brave the cold since Sunday morning. I had to crawl into my car through the passenger seat because my door was frozen shut! I think the snow is beautiful - when I am looking at it through my window with a warm tea in hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh what a crazy time! the fact that your husband almost shot the guy is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete