
i am beginning to feel more like myself in the morning until a little after lunch. so, i have a window of 3 hours to actually take a shower and make my own breakfast etc...i think i need to add make dinner to that list. i really don't think i could actually cook without getting light-headed or having to run to the bathroom yet. but, i know i can throw stuff in a crock pot to cook through the day. so, i need ideas...e-mail me or comment below...give me some recipes people and i will post my favorites!
PS. give me anything that does NOT involve marinara sauce or barbeque. probably won't be able to eat those foods for awhile...

I haven't tried this one yet - but it is on my list of "recipes to try" (and it looks easy to prepare)
ReplyDeletehttp://sproutculinarystudies.blogspot.com/2011/01/time-budget-solved.html
I also make Chili in the slow cooker about once a week....I don't follow a recipe, and change it up a little each time.
ReplyDeleteBut here is a general idea of what I do...
I use tons of veggies (green and red peppers, celery, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, and whatever else you like)
and beans (either soak a variety of beans, or use 2 cans of "bean medley" and 1 can of red kidney beans)
And tomatoes (a can of stewed tomatoes or tomato paste, or a bunch of lightly cooked tomatoes)
Keep adding veggies and beans till your crock pot is full! Then add salt, pepper and a few table spoons of chili powder...and let it cook all day!
Sometimes I add ground beef - or veggie ground round...
It tastes really good with shredded cheese and a wee blob of sour cream (or the healthier option - plain yogurt)
Let me know if you try it! :)